Monday, March 17, 2003

Running Circles Around the Airtrains...

Out did even my wildest expectations today by managing to circumnavigate the airport with merely a pair of running shoes. Unfortuantely Monday slow distance day came on a day where the winds were at 20mph with gusts to 30. Luckily the middle legs of the run were all downwind, which is the time you need a boost the most. Initially though it really felt like I was going nowhere in a hurry, and the last mile or so probably looked pretty pathetic to passers by. Other than a breather and streching session at Hollister and Fairview about halfway through, I managed to do the whole thing without stopping, at least 5.5 miles in 52 min or so. Again not exactly hauling, but I was merely trying to survive the run and make it all the way around without having to stop and call a cab. The best part is I had no leg pain whatsoever during the run. Although in the last couple miles my whole body felt tired, it wasn't any kind of sharp pain or anything, and my lungs didn't feel like they were overworked, I just was fully tired.

I think I'm going to experiment tomorrow with a little couple mile island loop run or something, to see how my body feels about going to 5 days a week. I've been getting in gradually increasing distance three days a week now for over a month, and with a little over three months to go potentially, it's probably time to start getting even more serious about it.

It would appear the UN is pulling out all the inspectors, and Bush is set to address the nation at 5pm today. Gee, wonder what he's going to say.