Thursday, March 27, 2003

Finally.

After GOLD was down for maintenance all day, I was finally able to check my grades tonight, and low and behold the news was good. The studying paid off as I received the expected grades in all three Econ classes. So then there was one final quarter before graduation. The requirement is simple now, 2.54 or greater and I graduate. With five classes to work with, I really don't expect it to even be close. My intention is to be so satisfied with the way things are going into the final is even a worst case scenario wouldn't deter me. I plan to make frequent trips over to the gnome rooms and stay ahead of the game.

It's not like I need more motivation than the fact that I either graduate and move on with my life, or screw things up royally.

Today I spent some time downtown with a friend, at a new section just recently built called "The Grove." It's over behind CBS studios adjacent to the Farmer's Market, and is really a cool place. We had fun running around FAO Schwartz reliving our youth, and spent the mandatory half hour browsing around the multi-story Barnes and Noble. Eventually we made it over to the theater where we watched Bend it Like Beckham a film originally released in the U.K. but has made an appearance over here although not in wide release. She recommended it, I'd never heard of it, so of course I went in not expecting much. She said it was partly about soccer, so I figured it couldn't be that bad. As it was I was pleasantly surprised. The whole thing was really entertaining, with the plot basically revolving around a young Indian girl trying to rebel against the traditionalist parents by playing for a football (soccer everywhere else but here) team. It had a very fat greek wedding type feel, but I actually enjoyed it even more. Course I was probably partially biased because both lead actresses were cute. Then again, it was probably because they were playing soccer part of the time. Dude, soccer chicks rule. Like, really rule. Huge brownie points. But yeah, either due to biases or the actual entertainment value of the movie, a whopping 5 M's to this one, I recommend it.

Ack was gonna write more but I'm leaving early for Snow Summit. More later.