Tuesday, November 19, 2002

You Better Lose Yourself in the Music...

Got a couple movie reviews to post tonight, as I've managed to make my way out to the theaters a few times in the last week or so. Two very different types of movies, I must say.

Up first is Jackass which is pretty self explanatory. If you enjoy the show, you'll enjoy the movie. There was actually a lot more funny, and a lot less gross out than the show usually averages. Just a whole lot of "OOOOOOOOH THAT ONE HURT EM" and pretty much constant hilarity. We'll go 4 M's out of 7, just because paying 8 bucks to see an extended version of a TV show is pretty lame. :)

Tonight's film earns 5 M's, which I must say is more than I expected. 8 Mile is Eminem's first performance as an actor as wel as a musician, and I was more impressed than not. The rhythms throughout are quite addictive, and there's a very interesting version of "Lose Yourself" in the middle, during a scene where he's shown coming up with the lyrics to it. This song is definitely in my top 3 or so rap songs of all time. Although it's not my preferred genre, I still recognize a good beat when I hear one. The group I was with gave the sex scene two big thumbs down, and I must admit the forty five seconds it took up did seem pretty ridiculously quick. The actresses in the movie weren't at all attractive, but I think that was sort of the point. Didn't look at my watch outside of a few occasions, so that's always a good sign for a movie.

My new pager finally came, so I'll be available for all your paging needs again. Strangely when I try to page myself it only seems to work about half the time. :/ Not very useful if ever there's an emergency. I always return pages within the hour, so if I take longer or you think I'm taking too long feel free to page me again.

Got stuff to do tonight so I can take time off to head down South tomorrow evening, guess I better get to it.