Saturday, September 01, 2001

So What's This For, Anyway?

Got the intro done, fixed up some of the settings, looks like everything is good to go for daily ramblings about my life. Whether they'll be interesting is a whole other story.

Watched The Virgin Suicides today, was quite a strange movie. The title is pretty much the plot, so if you're squeamish about such things I wouldn't recommend it, although gore is kept to a minimum. Quite the passionate kiss in the middle though, one of the most hungry, ravenous ones I've witnessed, must be a real mind blowing experience to have someone who needs/wants you that badly. Don't think its possible for that to be sustained over time, though.

I guess that leads into my opinion on relationships... I've been in three, all of which ended with a breakup, but all of whom I remain friends with. Shortest was about six months, longest was thirty. I don't condone the idea of "flings" or relationships that are just for convenience, or that just satisfy the physical need all young adults have. I'm very much hoping the next relationship I have will be "the one," if there is such a thing. I generally become friends with the person for a long period of time before we actually start dating, as compatibility is really important to me. Marriage to me is the most important decision in one's life, and I don't feel I'm anywhere near being comfortable with it yet. It's a decision about whom to spend fifty or so years of your life with, and if you're not the perfect match, you'll find out sooner or later.

I'll save the stories of my previous relationships for another time.

Stories, I tend to be known for them. I'm famous for an intro like "oh, I never told you about" something or other and immediately launching into a narration, generally involving sweeping hand gestures and wide open eyes during exciting portions. It's so depressing when someone answers that initial question with "yeah, you did" because I'm generally already excited about telling it, and then I don't get to. :( My favorite type of writing for school was always autobiographical, whether that was due to a peculiar talent in that area or just overall arrogance and boastfulness I'm not really sure. Boastfulness, that's probably not a word. Anyway.

Sigh. I feel like I have pages and pages to pour out, but I can't do it all at once.

I think I'll end up treating this page as a type of personal friend, someone I can empty out all my thoughts and dreams to, someone whom will always be there to listen, and never there to supply a negative response. I guess I'm doing this more for myself than anyone else.